Using client certificates in ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by languy, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. languy

    languy Guest

    Hi there,

    I have an ASP page, which have to connect to an SSL server that
    requires a
    client certificate, but I get the following error:

    Erroror Type:
    msxml3.dll (0x80072F0C)
    A certificate is required to complete client authentication
    /test/test.asp, line 34

    Here goes my code:
    const DQ = """"
    dim responseText
    dim strRequest
    dim objSrvHTTP
    dim objXMLDocument
    dim objXMLReponseDocument
    strRequest = "xxx test xxx"
    set objSrvHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    set objXMLDocument = CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
    set objXMLReponseDocument = CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
    objXMLDocument.async = false
    objXMLDocument.loadXML(strRequest)
    'objSrvHTTP.setOption(2) = SXH_OPTION_SELECT_CLIENT_SSL_CERT
    'objSrvHTTP.setOption(3) = "Local_Machine\My\www.notourwebsite.com"
    objSrvHTTP.setOption 3, "cert_name"
    objSrvHTTP.open "POST", "https://host:8443", false
    objSrvHTTP.SetRequestHeader "content-Type","text/xml"
    objSrvHTTP.send objXMLDocument ' Line 34
    Response.Write objSrvHTTP.responseText
    Response.End
    <snip>

    Can someone please help me with this issue?

    Thanks in regards,
    Jess

    ---
    Jess Nielsen