Error 80004005

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John Dove, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. John Dove

    John Dove Guest

    This post is directly related to MS Knowledge Base
    Article 306269, "Error 80004005 The MS Jet Database
    Engine Cannot Open the File"

    - - This is the precise error I'm getting on a new
    Login .asp page. Have followed the resolution steps
    outlined in Article 306269 (mentioned above) which have
    not resulted in success. Below is the TOTAL error message
    I'm getting, if anything may be determined by this:

    Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft
    Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It
    is already opened exclusively by another user, or you
    need permission to view its data.
    /TMP6ud6sp84zg.asp, line 14

    - - The file is NOT open by another user, and I've
    checked all file/folder/system permissions and have not
    been able to determine any barriers here either. - The
    last line of the error is puzzling (/TMP6ud6sp84zg.asp,
    line 14) - I don't know what to make of this. In my code,
    line 14 is the following:

    MM_rsUser.ActiveConnection = MM_HDSlogin_STRING

    - - "HDSlogin is my correct database. Some additional
    info: (using) MS Access Database, IIS 5, WinXP

    Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks,

    John D.

    John Dove, Dec 1, 2003

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2009

    --