    registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x444 Thread 0xfe4
    DBC 0x5200024 Jet'.

    (FileName), (LineNumber)
    M P, Aug 25, 2004

  2. M P

    joker Guest

    Please read the following. Also stop using a DSN as it has been
    Deprecated from the MDAC.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/ado270/htm/ado_deprecated_components.asp

    joker, Aug 25, 2004

  3. M P

    M P Guest

    Can you help me with the syntax? I 've tried changing my connection as what
    you've said but I get some errors. Whats wrong with my code?

    <%
    cst = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=F:/AccessDB/access.mdb"
    set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    conn.open cst
    %>

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/

    M P, Aug 25, 2004
  4. M P

    joker Guest

    At this point I'd need the new error since you switched from DSN/ODBC to
    OLEDB for you connection. Also have you made sure that the IUSR account
    has read, write, & change permission in the folder "F:\AccessDB" folder.

    One other thing when you use 'Data Source' your slashes need to be "\"
    (back slash) not the "/" (forward slash) that you are using. You only
    use a forward slash when using "Server.MapPath" because web servers use
    that while Windows uses a back slash.

    So most likely the error is because of the slash you are using, but if
    that doesn't fix it I'd suggest posting the error.

    joker, Aug 25, 2004
  5. M P

    M P Guest

    I tried to put IUSR account to these folder and assign change permission but
    still not working and have error like this:

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    Could not find file 'C:\AccessDB\access.mdb'.

    /conn.asp, line 4

    And conn.asp have this line:

    <%
    cst = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=C:\AccessDB\access.mdb;"

    M P, Aug 26, 2004
  6. Maybe you tried, but it sounds as if you did not do it correctly. This is
    the error you get when the IUSR account has insufficient permissions (read
    and write - aka. Change) for the folder containing the database.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 26, 2004
  7. M P

    A P Guest

    I'm really sure about that. I have tried copying the same db to different
    location and assign permission and still I receive this error. Need help
    from the experts!!!

    A P, Aug 26, 2004
  8. Are you able to log on to the server? If so, please do so, and then open up
    a command prompt START---RUN---"CMD"---ENTER

    Then enter this command:

    dir C:\AccessDB\access.mdb

    What is the response?

    Then enter this command:

    cacls C:\AccessDB

    What is the response?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 26, 2004
  9. M P

    A P Guest

    here is the response:

    C:\>dir accessdb\access.mdb
    Volume in drive C is System
    Volume Serial Number is EFGH-ABCD

    Directory of C:\accessdb

    08/25/2004 02:43p 1,941,504 dprdb.mdb
    1 File(s) 1,941,504 bytes
    0 Dir(s) 3,313,098,752 bytes free

    C:\>cacls accessdb
    C:\AccessDB TRILUX\IUSR_TELSVR02:(OI)(CI)C
    Everyone:(OI)(CI)F

    message news:...

    A P, Aug 26, 2004
  10. A better test would be to log onto the machine as the local IUSR account and
    then try to access the folder. From your results, it looks like you've
    granted permissions to a domain-level user. Is this machine the same machine
    that your web server is running on?

    Please go back and re-read the entire FAQ article I linked you to. If the
    database is on a different machine from the machine that's running the web
    server, then you have a whole different set of issues that are dealt with
    here: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 26, 2004
  11. M P

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    Your original posted error was:

    >Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    >Could not find file 'C:\AccessDB\access.mdb'.

    Your connection was:

    ><%
    > cst = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    >Source=C:\AccessDB\access.mdb;"
    > set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    > conn.open cst
    >%>

    When you looked at this:

    > Directory of C:\accessdb

    You got this:

    >08/25/2004 02:43p 1,941,504 dprdb.mdb

    Hate to point out the obvious, but the connection source is a file
    named "access.mdb" and the error is that the file "access.mdb" can't
    be found. Take a look at your directory listing. Yep, there is no
    file named "access.mdb" there. Your file is named "dprdb.mdb".

    Sometimes error messages really are that straight forward.

    Solution: Okay, if you missed it on your directory listing, this may
    not be as obvious to you as it seems like it should be. Change your
    connection string to the correct file name.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Aug 26, 2004
  12. Jeff Cochran wrote:
    > Your original posted error was:
    >
    >> Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    >> Could not find file 'C:\AccessDB\access.mdb'.

    I saw that too. I though he was just obscuring the name of his database. But
    you could be correct.

    In either case: good catch!

    Bob

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 26, 2004
  13. M P

    A P Guest

    Yes, I am accessing the same machine.

    Mark

    A P, Aug 27, 2004
  14. M P

    A P Guest

    Sorry Jeff but the "dprdb.mdb" is the actual access file, i just change it
    for better understanding.

    A P, Aug 27, 2004
  15. M P

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:15:09 +0800, "A P" <> wrote:

    >Sorry Jeff but the "dprdb.mdb" is the actual access file, i just change it
    >for better understanding.

    Okay, then the issue most likely is that the user attempting to access
    the file (normally the IUSR account) can't find the file at the time
    the connection is made. Provided the actual drive and path really is
    c:\AccessDB (I saw posts where a Z: drive was mentioned...) then you
    need to ensure that the user the connection is being made under (the
    IUSR account in most circumstances) has at least CREATE and MODIFY
    permission to the folder and file in question.

    Keep in mind that the IUSR account is not part of the Everyone group,
    and that if it really isn't on Z: and you just put that as a sample
    path then the folder it really is in must have that access. If the
    drive is mapped, keep in mind the permission is needed for the IUSR
    account, which is normally a local account on the web server and not a
    domain account (unless the web server is a DC), so any domain user
    access to the shared/mapped drive is irrelevant.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Aug 27, 2004
  16. M P

    A P Guest

    Actually, i already simulated IUSR account to have a full control permission
    but still the error arrive. As I've told on my part posts, drive Z is not a
    network drive, its a local drive that I only assign as drive Z.

    A P, Aug 30, 2004