Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rajiv, Apr 30, 2005.

  1. Rajiv

    Rajiv Guest

    hi all ,

    i m trying to coneect to a access database Using DSN

    dim rcon
    set rcon = server.CreateObject("ADODB.CONNECTION")
    rcon.mode = 1 ' adModeRead
    rcon.ConnectionString ="DSN=report"

    rCon.Open

    , but when i try to connect i get an error

    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '8007000e'

    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] System resource exceeded.

    i m working on window 2000 server, IIS 6.0

    .. i m not getting it , how to solve it .

    please help me

    Rajiv

    Rajiv, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Rajiv wrote:
    > hi all ,
    >
    > i m trying to coneect to a access database Using DSN

    Don't. Use an OLE DB connection string instead:

    rcon.ConnectionString="Provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;" & _
    "Data Source=c:\path\to\database.mdb"

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET