    Windows path is the folder containing the dll as the first folder
    location.

    Does anybody know why this error is occurring and how to resolve it?

    Robin9876, Feb 8, 2008

  2. Robin9876

    Angel Guest

    Is this existing code that stopped working or are you doing this from the
    first time?

    If new then

    Suggest you use oracle native driver
    System.Data.OracleClient

    You'll have to get used to name prefix change but it works well an reliable

    OracleConnection, OracleDataAdapter, etc...

    otherwise post some code so we can troubleshoot further

    --
    aaa

    Angel, Feb 8, 2008

  3. Robin9876

    Robin9876 Guest

    The code has not changed and is in VS 2003 and is using
    Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleDataReader to return a datareader
    object.

    Robin9876, Feb 13, 2008
  4. Robin9876

    Angel Guest

    In framework 1.1

    The Microsoft Native client for oralce is: System.Data.OracleClient

    Oracle's drivers for .Net are generally named: Oracle.DataAccess

    I am not sure if the old driver is compatible (it should be)

    Make sure your new 2.0 project has a reference to that dll (Oracle.DataAccess)

    I think that's your problem.

    Regards,

    --
    aaa

    Angel, Feb 13, 2008
  5. Robin9876

    Robin9876 Guest

    I have since found that there is a slightly different version build
    between development and production servers. The development server has
    Oracle.DataAccess.dll v9.2.0.700 and the production server has
    v9.2.0.401 , would this Oracle dll version have this impact on the
    system if the code has since been compiled and deployed?

    Robin9876, Feb 13, 2008
  6. Robin9876

    Angel Guest

    Normally not... I have not ran into some security issues with regards to
    oracle profiles but overall my code works basically the same all across the
    board. I will run some test here in my lab to see if I can spot any issues.
    Generally, I have not experienced any problem between versions of the
    drivers although, I tend to choose the Microsoft’s version of the Oracle
    driver rather than Oracle’s version.
    --
    aaa

    Angel, Feb 13, 2008
  7. Robin9876

    Robin9876 Guest

    I have got this to work now be installing the later drivers on the
    server.

    Robin9876, Feb 21, 2008