Error: Content is not allowed between the opening and closing tags for element

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Allan Ebdrup, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup Guest

    I have a ascx webcontrol that I register with:
    %@ Register Src="../Controls/Default/Library/Basket/Basket.ascx"
    TagName="Basket"
    TagPrefix="uc1" %>

    and instantiate on the page with:
    <uc1:Basket ID="Basket1" runat="server" />

    This works without problems, Now I've added the attribute:
    [ParseChildren(ChildrenAsProperties = true)]
    to the basket control and added a property called Header of the type
    ITemplate.
    When I change my basket tag to look like:
    <uc1:Basket ID="Basket1" runat="server">
    <Header>Myheader</Header>
    </uc1:Basket>

    I get the following error on the Basket tag:
    Error 1 Cannot switch views: Content is not allowed between the opening and
    closing tags for element 'Basket'.

    And the following error on the Header tag:
    Error 2 Validation (XHTML 1.0 Transitional): Element 'header' is not
    supported.

    When I run the page it works fine.

    What am I missing to allow tags inside the Basket controls XML?

    Kind Regards,
    Allan Ebdrup
    Allan Ebdrup, Jan 26, 2006