Error Creating ASP.Net Project

I have setup a test server with the following installed:

1) Windoes Server 2003 - Latest SPs applied.
2) Ms_SQL Server 2000 - Latest SPs applied
3) Visual Studio 2003

I have Admin privledges.

Each time I open VS and attempt to create a ASP.Net
project (even the default
http://LocalHost/WebApplication1) I receive the following
error:

"The web server reported the following error when
attempting to create or open the Web project located at
the following
Bad REquest'. "

I have given ASPNet full admin rights but I can get no
other results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MS News

Did you install FrontPage Server Extensions? It does not get installed by
default.
Also give full right to your
Check, that you installed and enabled ASP.NET extension in WS2k3 (by
default is dissabled and not installed

On windows 2003, ASP.Net does not run under ASPNET user account. It uses
"LocalService" account. Unless you run in IIS5 compatible mode, ASPNET user
is not recoganized at all.
The issue here is ASP.Net not active on Windows2003 server by default.
If you are runing on Enterprise server then you have more trouble. ASP.Net
won't run without modifying machine.config file and setting "System" account
in <processModel> node.

Carl Prothman [MVP]

J said:
I am a developer with a Universal Subscription. I
installed WS2003 Enterprise on a test machine to use as a
SQL Server as well as a simple Web server. I am not a
network engineer but a software engineer. I could really
use some specific instructions as to how to configure
WS2003 Ent. for this use (ASP.Net).
Any suggestions as to where to find a good white paper or
something?

J,
Check out the following MS on-line documentation:

Deploying ASP.NET Applications in IIS 6.0
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...003/proddocs/deployguide/iisDG60_overview.asp

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello J,

Running aspnet_regiss.exe -i means remapping asp.net in IIS mapping. It generally happens when you install IIS after
installing asp.net or vs.net. In Windows 2003 server, you could also run this exe to see if it could resolve the problem.
Anyway, running it is quickly. :)

For materials, MSDN provides much info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-
us/cpguide/html/cpconiis60applicationisolationmodes.asp?frame=true.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "J" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "J" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Re: Error Creating ASP.Net Project
!Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 05:38:34 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
!
!Thanks for you reply. I had issues with the WS2003 server
!and my development PC. I solved the PC issue by following
!the suggestion of another newsgroup member
!(aspnet_regiis.exe -i).
!
[...]
!>
!>On windows 2003, ASP.Net does not run under ASPNET user
!account. It uses
!>"LocalService" account. Unless you run in IIS5
!compatible mode, ASPNET user
!>is not recoganized at all.
!>The issue here is ASP.Net not active on Windows2003
!server by default.
!>If you are runing on Enterprise server then you have
!more trouble. ASP.Net
!>won't run without modifying machine.config file and
!setting "System" account
!>in <processModel> node.
!>
!>!>> Hi,
[...]