error execute bat file from asp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rocket Hawk, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. Rocket Hawk

    Rocket Hawk Guest

    Hello all,

    i need to run XXXX.BAT file from ASP page use windows 2000 server

    the XXXX.BAT file run as:
    used exist maped drive to shared folder on ServerB and copy files to ServerA

    On ServerA in the IIS site i set domain account for Anonymous Access
    Authentication
    and set for script and execute permission
    i also added the site domain account to Administrators group

    on ServerB i created the exact user+password as ServerA site domain account
    and gave it the full sharing permission and full security permission

    when i run the batch file Localy it's working good !

    but when i run it from the ASP Page i am getting Access Denied error?

    Can someone tell me what's wrong? or point to such document,,

    Thanks in advance,

    Tony H.

    Rocket Hawk, Jan 12, 2004

  2. > i also added the site domain account to Administrators group

    What is the "site domain account"?

    > on ServerB i created the exact user+password as ServerA site domain

    account

    Again, what user is this? Are you sure you disabled password
    synchronization and have the exact same password on both servers?

    See http://www.aspfaq.com/2168

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Jan 12, 2004

  3. Rocket Hawk

    Ray at Guest

    Did the replies from your original post not help at all?

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Rocket Hawk

    GNS Admin Guest

    On serverA,
    under computer management / Local user
    I created new user name (test) and set it password then I added the test
    user to the local Administrators group

    on ServerB
    under computer management / Local user
    I created new user name (test) and set it password then I added the test
    user to the local Administrators group

    inside IIS on ServerA I unchecked the Allow IIS to control password
    so yes I think I remove the disabled password synchronization and sign the
    same exact password for test user

    the only think I can see different in the it's the full Computers user name
    as:

    Server\user

    mon1\test
    mon-rake\test

    Thanks
    Tony

    GNS Admin, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Rocket Hawk

    Rocket Hawk Guest

    Ray,

    I have tried all the suggest replies, still NOT RUNNING

    any other solutions?

    Thanks in advance,
    Tony H.

    Rocket Hawk, Jan 12, 2004