Error in mscorlib (invalid length for a base-64 char array.)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVzcyBBbmRlcnNlbg==?=, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Hi there

    I have spent some time browsing for a solution to the following error but
    have unfortunatly not found any solution yet (the deleted parantheses means
    that i have removed the information before posting here):

    ------------------------
    WWW Host
    ------------------------
    Host: (deleted)
    ------------------------
    MESSAGE
    ------------------------
    MESSAGE: Invalid length for a Base-64 char array.
    ------------------------
    SOURCE
    ------------------------
    SOURCE: mscorlib
    ------------------------
    QUERYSTRING
    ------------------------
    QUERYSTRING:
    ------------------------
    TARGETSITE
    ------------------------
    TARGETSITE: FromBase64String
    ------------------------
    STACKTRACE
    ------------------------
    STACKTRACE: at System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s)
    at System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium()

    ------------------------
    User Cookie values
    ------------------------
    (deleted) = language=1
    ASPSESSIONIDSSDBTCST = NCLPHPPAPAHBKLNPDIIGNFGB ASP.NET_SessionId =
    dp5hlk22xugsu055wwu4azut konfiguration =
    authenticated=jeps&brugerid=3559&uid=3559&kursistnavn=jytte&brugernavn=kmd1&forumid=-1&kursist_efternavn=(deleted)&udbyder_id=1&underviser=False&mail=jgd@(deleted).dk&courseid=1431&admin=False
    ..ASPXAUTH =
    17600CD11D0845D48BF012E091F0B6AB791D64A8B4666AB27984425C8DB7471371844007B9B2000BADDEF169A83BC4F6B219D6B59F99896BB384D8CD1BE5812D

    This error occurs on our website for some of our users, not for alle but for
    someting like one out of five hundred.

    Our server is a windows2003 server standard edition (sp1) running as a
    virtual server in a Wm ware enviroment. It is running the .Net framework in
    version 1.1.4322.573

    I suspect that it is some sort of proxy server at the clients that messes up
    the viewstate but i dont know for sure?

    Any Ideas how to start resolving this issue?

    --
    Best Regards
    Jess L Andersen
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVzcyBBbmRlcnNlbg==?=, Oct 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVzcyBBbmRlcnNlbg==?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 03:06:02 -0700, "Jess Andersen"
    <> wrote:

    >This error occurs on our website for some of our users, not for alle but for
    >someting like one out of five hundred.

    Do you actually have the bug report from a user or are you seeing this
    error because you log all exceptions? I've seen this error occur when
    someone has written a web crawler or other spider type program that
    tries to post back to a form but doesn't encode the viewstate hidden
    parameter correctly. My first step would be to check the user agent
    string in the IIS logs for the request and see if request was made
    from an actual user or a bot.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
    Scott Allen, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Hi Scott

    "Scott Allen" wrote:
    >Do you actually have the bug report from a user or are you seeing this
    > error because you log all exceptions?

    Thank you for taking time to answer my posting.
    Yes I have cheked that this error occurs from real users. Some of the
    information in the cookie is first written when the user is authenticated.

    --
    Best Regards
    Jess L Andersen
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVzcyBBbmRlcnNlbg==?=, Oct 12, 2005