Error Loading Web Project

Guest

I am getting the following error when I try to load a project in VS.net:
"Visual Studio.Net cannot create or open the application. The likeliest
problem is that the required components are not installed on the local web
server. Run Visual Studio.Net setup and add the web development component".

It is a solution that contains multiple projects. All the Class libraries
load, but the web projects do not load. I sometimes swicth my local server
back and forth between default web sites and web roots. Would that tbe the
problem? I also tried deleting my VSWebCache.

Thank you

Guest

Hi,
i tried that before..did not help I tried reinstallign VS.net, and still
get the same problem. I can create new web projects, but cannot open
existing ones..is it something to do with IIS? I have been trying all
avenues...
Thanks

Guest

try creating a new solution and add all the projects to the solution and
build the soution. That should work fine.

Guest

Yes, that is precisely my problem. I do not want to have to do that each
time I switch solutions. I want to be able to load existing web projects,
not create duplicate ones each time I switch from one solution to another.

Guest

that would be a one time creation. You can use that solution when working on
that application. This doesnt happen to all the application. Just for some
one's with multiple project involved.

Guest

Hi,
Yes, my problem is that if close the solution for any reason, whether
rebooting my computer or closing the solution, i cannot relaod web projects
into my solution. I have no probelm reloading class libraries, but web
projects just will not load. It is not an option for me to create a new web
project each time I have to close the solution or reboot my computer.

Any other ideas form anyone? i am gettign the error "Visual Studio cannot
create or open the application. The likeliest problem is that the required
components are not installed on the local web server. Run Visual Studio .Net
setup and add the Web Development component."

I tried to reinstall Visual Studio .Net and it did not work. Also, ried
runnign aspnet_regiis.exe -i and -c, no luck. I am lost..I have tried
everything.

Vinfo

I had the same problem. Web App worked one day, wouldn't open the next.

I deleted the *.sln and *.suo solution files (after saving a copy, of
course), and then double-clicked on the project file.

The project opened correctly, and VS.Net re-created the solution files.