Error running a ASP.NET app using VB.NET on domain controller HELP!!!

David C. Allen

I have a Windows 2003 server at home that is set up as a domain controller
for my home network. I use it for development. It also has SQL Server 2000
and bunch of other stuff. When I try to run a ASP.NET app from Visual
Studio.NET 2003 I get this message.

I have tried setting impersionation on to the server administrator account
as well as setting the processModel section to SYSTEM

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Server Error in '/LunchLearn1' Application.
----

Failed to create file C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\lunchlearn1\5cacfdb3\ce6435c7\7vtlr_b0.out.
CodeDomProvider 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider'. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in
the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: Failed
to create file C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\lunchlearn1\5cacfdb3\ce6435c7\7vtlr_b0.out.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException: Failed to create file
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\lunchlearn1\5cacfdb3\ce6435c7\7vtlr_b0.out.]
System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.CreateInheritedFile(String file)
System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCaptureUnimpersonated(IntPtr
userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles,
String& outputName, String& errorName, String trueCmdLine)
System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(IntPtr userToken,
String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles, String&
outputName, String& errorName, String trueCmdLine)
System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(IntPtr userToken,
String cmd, TempFileCollection tempFiles, String& outputName, String&
errorName, String trueCmdLine)
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.Compile(CompilerParameters options,
String compilerDirectory, String compilerExe, String arguments, String&
outputFile, Int32& nativeReturnValue, String trueArgs)
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters
options, String[] fileNames)
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromDomBatch(CompilerParameters
options, CodeCompileUnit[] ea)
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromDom(CompilerParameters options,
CodeCompileUnit e)

System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.C
ompileAssemblyFromDom(CompilerParameters options, CodeCompileUnit e)
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType()

David C. Allen

Never mind. I forgot to start and stop IIS after changing the config file.
It works now.

----

[...]

bruce barker

you ran an IIS permisson lockdown. just change the permissions for

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

to allow the asp.net account full control.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)