Error while trying to run project, Final attempt

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kris Desmadryl, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I create a new asp project, with just one button on the startup form but
    when I run I always get a messagebox with the error : "Error while trying to
    run project." That's all what I see in the msgbox, NO EXTRA information. I'm
    using visual studio 2003, xp prof
    with service pack 2.
    Also old asp projects I created doesn ' t run anymore, I get the same error.
    The problem doesn't only occur when debugging, it occurs always.
    I found on the internet a lot the problem : "Error while trying to run
    project: Unable to start debugging on the Web server." But nothing in there
    solves my problem. But like I wrote before, I only get the message "Error
    while trying to
    run project."

    The project compiles and even works if I type the URL in IE6.0.

    I did not install framework 2.0 Beta.

    I already reinstalled, vs.net 2003, framework 1.1, IIS, but the problem
    remains.
    I'm already a week stuck with the problem, the problem has to solved today
    otherwise I have to reinstall my PC, so please .... HELP

    Kris.

    Kris Desmadryl, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Hi:

    Try this...

    1. Please navigate to the .NET version directory on the web server. For
    example...
    C:\Winnt\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.XXXX

    2. Run the following command
    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    3. Run the following command
    iisreset.exe

    IN essence what you are doing is reinstalling ASP.NET and restarting IIS.
    Hope this helps!

    Thanks,
    Hrishi

    =?Utf-8?B?SHJpc2hpIFI=?=, Nov 16, 2004

  3. thx, for answering.
    But this I already tried, without success.

    Kris.

    Kris Desmadryl, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Do you have a valid project file called web.config in the URL specified and
    is 'debug' set to 'true' in that file?
    If not please do so. This should normally correct the problem.
    Please do a iisreset again after doing the above.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHJpc2hpIFI=?=, Nov 16, 2004
  5. I create a new asp project in vs.net 2003, and just place a button on it.
    I don't change anything on the web.config, 'debug' is set to true.

    Are there still other things to check ?

    Kris.

    Kris Desmadryl, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Hope this helps....
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306172

    Hrishi

    =?Utf-8?B?SHJpc2hpIFI=?=, Nov 16, 2004
  7. My error msg doesn't match with one in the list, but nevertheless, I did
    already try them all.
    My error msg is "Error while trying to run project." and nothing more.
    But 1000x thx for your time

    Other suggestions ?

    Kris

    Kris Desmadryl, Nov 16, 2004
  8. Problem finally solved by reinstalling windows, lucky for me automatically
    recovery worked.

    Kris Desmadryl, Nov 16, 2004