    How do I do that with VHDL ?

    Thanks
    EC

    BarNash, Aug 2, 2009

  2. BarNash

    BarNash Guest

    I do not ask for the code just the alorythm
    in simple words.

    Thanks
    EC

    "BarNash" <> ëúá
    áäåãòä:h542uj$6bc$...

    BarNash, Aug 4, 2009

  3. BarNash wrote:

    > I do not ask for the code just the alorythm
    > in simple words.

    I guess that's part of the assignment. By letting us guys doing your work
    you will not learn much. Just start playing with this problem and come up
    with some ideas, and then mentally (and/or on paper) test those ideas.

    As an initial thought I would define some window over which you detect the
    maximum value thus far. After the window has expired, you copy the value to
    the output, reset the maximum value and start a new window.

    Oops, I have already said too much.

    But also: if the requirements are not clear, you should ask for
    clarification from whoever gave you the assignment. Without proper
    requirements you cannot verify whether you have implemented them correctly.

    Remember: requirements are like water. They'd better be frozen before you
    start building on them. ;-)

    > Thanks

    You are welcome.

    By the way: see also Jonathan Bromley's reply two days ago. That was also
    meant as a starter.

    --
    Paul Uiterlinden
    www.aimvalley.nl