Examples of ECMAScipt written by Thomas Lahn

Steve

Thomas is the forums best known critic of everyone else's attempts at
writing ECMAscript. I was wondering if there is a webspace where we
could look and wonder at Thomas's scripting skills.

Erwin Moller

Steve schreef:
Thomas is the forums best known critic of everyone else's attempts at
writing ECMAscript. I was wondering if there is a webspace where we
could look and wonder at Thomas's scripting skills.

Sure:
http://pointedears.de/

You could have guessed that URL by his nick. ;-)

Enjoy.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

Steve

Erwin said:
Steve schreef:

Sure:
http://pointedears.de/

You could have guessed that URL by his nick. ;-)

Enjoy.
Unfortunately the page doesn't load. I waited for five minutes using
Firefox but got the message .. "The server at pointedears.de is taking
too long to respond."

I will try again tomorrow.

David Mark

Unfortunately the page doesn't load. I waited for five minutes using
Firefox but got the message .. "The server at pointedears.de is taking
too long to respond."

I will try again tomorrow.

Try what you want, but do shut up about it. This is not
alt.pointedears.website.critique.

Steve

David said:
Try what you want, but do shut up about it. This is not
alt.pointedears.website.critique.

This is not your personal webspace either. Your last ten posts amount to
nothing more than a major winge. That time of the month is it?

David Mark

This is not your personal webspace either. Your last ten posts amount to
nothing more than a major winge. That time of the month is it?

Counting posts now? Try to keep your obsessions to yourself.

Mike Duffy

The author says himself on the bottom of the page "I mentioned Korpela's
42nd law, and I was asked where the rest are. So I had to invent / write
them down". In other words, they were drawn up in haste. They do not have
the same cohesion as the German usenet laws, which appear to have been
built upon prior entries.

Unfortunately, Google translator looses a bit of the German laws. Is anyone
aware of where we can see them translated by a real German?

David Mark

Whatever, treating usenet as some sort of competition where you either

Whatever, indeed.
win or lose is not a good idea and therefore Karpela's 16th law makes

Then why did you bother to rebut PointedEars' claim of victory?
Surely your other idol would not approve.
sense to most people.

Yes, loser. Apparently it makes sense to you to write to this group
like an obsessed fan. We are all impressed with your knowledge of
Thomas, Usenet "laws", posting statistics, etc. Now take it somewhere
else.

[snip]

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <1007e78f-160e-4690-b444-55d2c7ae2057@d2
3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:11:29, Steve
You are ALL impressed? Who told you you could speak for all of
c.l.j. ?

Or are you using the royal "we"

He has Lahn's Disease.

David Mark

In comp.lang.javascript message <1007e78f-160e-4690-b444-55d2c7ae2057@d2
3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>, Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:11:29, Steve

He has Lahn's Disease.

That sir is an insult. And since when do you chat with OT twits?

Michael Wojcik

Steve said:
You are ALL impressed? Who told you you could speak for all of
c.l.j. ?

Perhaps the same person who told you that "Karpela's [sic] 16th law
makes sense to most people". Or did you survey a representative group?

At least one of us doesn't care which set of arbitrary "Usenet Rules"
you prefer. Particularly not if you can't muster a real argument in
support of it.

MC

ROFL...
Lahn's .... is there a cure? I would prescribe Prozac, Lithium, and
electroshock LOL. Aren't you supposed to register with ICANN Internet
offender list if you are diagnosed with this?

Truthfully, its too bad such a brilliant mind is such affected.