Exception in dropped connection...

Paul Colton

I have a winforms client that connects to my web service. By default, the
connections are keep-alive enabled. if there are several connections 'alive'
and the server suddenly goes down, there is no way for my app to catch the
resulting very low level socket exception.

If I set the keep-alive to false, it fixes the problem, but then requires
many connections to my server web service.

My question: How can I catch and/or prevent the low level exception from
occuring when the server connection drops (i.e. modem user disconnects).

Regards,
Paul Colton