Excepton Error Message......

John Smith

I am getting the following error message when the rollback statement is
called in a ODBC transaction object.
Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: This OdbcTransaction
has completed; it is no longer usable.
I am using propritery ODBC driver to connect to Image database running on HP
box.
There is no try and catch block for the RollBack statemnt.
Thanks for your response.
John

John Smith

Here it looks like. I am sorry this may not be much helpful.

Try
Call the Insert routine.... 'Insert the data to dataset
(Image database)
myTransactionObject.Commit()

Catch ex As Exception

myTransactionObject.Rollback()

End Try
John

bruce barker

you are trying to rollback a transaction, that has already been rolled back
(probably die to an error). in sqlserver you can use @@trancount, to
determine if a rollback is required. check what the syntax is for your
database.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| I am getting the following error message when the rollback statement is
| called in a ODBC transaction object.
| Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: This OdbcTransaction
| has completed; it is no longer usable.
| I am using propritery ODBC driver to connect to Image database running on
HP
| box.
| There is no try and catch block for the RollBack statemnt.
| Thanks for your response.
| John

Jeff Dillon

I meant your exact code. Or more specifically, the minimum code required to
reproduce the problem.

What have you done to troubleshoot this issue? Code simplification is my
first approach.

Obviously.

Jeff