    There is no try and catch block for the RollBack statemnt.
    Thanks for your response.
    John

    John Smith, Nov 19, 2004

  2. ..

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP], Nov 19, 2004

  3. John Smith

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Show your code

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 19, 2004
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Here it looks like. I am sorry this may not be much helpful.

    Try
    Call the Insert routine.... 'Insert the data to dataset
    (Image database)
    myTransactionObject.Commit()

    Catch ex As Exception

    myTransactionObject.Rollback()

    End Try
    John

    John Smith, Nov 19, 2004
  5. John Smith

    bruce barker Guest

    you are trying to rollback a transaction, that has already been rolled back
    (probably die to an error). in sqlserver you can use @@trancount, to
    determine if a rollback is required. check what the syntax is for your
    database.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 19, 2004
  6. John Smith

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    I meant your exact code. Or more specifically, the minimum code required to
    reproduce the problem.

    What have you done to troubleshoot this issue? Code simplification is my
    first approach.

    Obviously.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 19, 2004