exe made by py2exe do not run certain computer

self.python

http://makeitmine.tistory.com/attachment/[email protected]

it's a kind of site viewer program and I made it the EXE file using py2exe

It works fine on my computer and some other computer don't have python interpreter(it's Windows 7).

But the same file also do not work on another computer(it's Windows xp)

why does it happen?

is there something difference about windows?

I want to distribute my application who don't have Python:(

Miki Tebeka

It works fine on my computer and some other computer don't have python interpreter(it's Windows 7).
But the same file also do not work on another computer(it's Windows xp)
why does it happen?
My *guess* is that you're missing some DLLs (probably some Visual Studio runtime ones).

You can run http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on the generated exe and see which DLLs it uses. If you do it on the machine with the problems, these DLLs will be highlighted.

Mark Hammond

My *guess* is that you're missing some DLLs (probably some Visual
Studio runtime ones).

You can run http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on the generated exe and
see which DLLs it uses. If you do it on the machine with the
problems, these DLLs will be highlighted.

Another possibility is that py2exe is erroneously picking up *other*
DLLs from the OS, which you are packaging and installing. So check your
distribution for *all* .dll files - most Python extension modules are
..pyd, so the actual number of .dll files needed should be quite small
and relatively stable across different py2exe invocations.

Mark