    why does it happen?

    is there something difference about windows?

    I want to distribute my application who don't have Python:(
    self.python, Jul 4, 2012

  2. self.python

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    > It works fine on my computer and some other computer don't have python interpreter(it's Windows 7).
    > But the same file also do not work on another computer(it's Windows xp)
    > why does it happen?

    My *guess* is that you're missing some DLLs (probably some Visual Studio runtime ones).

    You can run http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on the generated exe and see which DLLs it uses. If you do it on the machine with the problems, these DLLs will be highlighted.
    Miki Tebeka, Jul 4, 2012

  3. self.python

    Mark Hammond Guest

    On 4/07/2012 9:46 AM, Miki Tebeka wrote:
    >> It works fine on my computer and some other computer don't have
    >> python interpreter(it's Windows 7). But the same file also do not
    >> work on another computer(it's Windows xp) why does it happen?

    > My *guess* is that you're missing some DLLs (probably some Visual
    > Studio runtime ones).
    >
    > You can run http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on the generated exe and
    > see which DLLs it uses. If you do it on the machine with the
    > problems, these DLLs will be highlighted.

    Another possibility is that py2exe is erroneously picking up *other*
    DLLs from the OS, which you are packaging and installing. So check your
    distribution for *all* .dll files - most Python extension modules are
    ..pyd, so the actual number of .dll files needed should be quite small
    and relatively stable across different py2exe invocations.

    Mark
    Mark Hammond, Jul 4, 2012