    ran the job from a Stored Procedure.

    Thanks!
    Phil

    pvong, Apr 14, 2008

  2. pvong

    bruce barker Guest

    do the same with SSIS

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Apr 14, 2008

  3. you can run the package from file, via a sql job on remote machine, or
    directly from the remote sqlserver - good examples at

    the Package.Execute() returns a DTSExecResult enum... in case of any error
    the Execute method will return DTSExecResult.Failure

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190901(printer).aspx
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sqlserver.dts.runtime.dtsexecresult(printer).aspx

    --
    Misbah Arefin