Execute SSIS Package from aspx page (2.0)

Luigi

Hi all,
how can I execute a SSIS Package from an aspx page in C#?
I'm using .NET 2.0.

Thanks a lot.

Misbah Arefin

To run remote packages from a local computer that does not have Integration
Services installed, start the packages so that they run on the remote
computer on which Integration Services is installed. You do this by having
the local computer use SQL Server Agent, a Web service, or a remote component
to start the packages on the remote computer. If you try to start the remote
packages directly from the local computer, the packages will load onto and
try to run from the local computer. If the local computer does not have
Integration Services installed, the packages will not run.

bruce barker

make a sqlagent job to run the package. set the job to run manually, then use
the sp sp_start_job to run the package.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Luigi

With the example of the MSDN document, I can know if the job has started
successfully, but not if the package fails for every kind of problem.
Is it possible to know also this item?

Thanks.

Luigi

Luigi

Misbah Arefin said:
the Package.Execute() returns a DTSExecResult enum... in case of any error
the Execute method will return DTSExecResult.Failure

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190901(printer).aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sqlserver.dts.runtime.dtsexecresult(printer).aspx

hope this helps

Thank you for the links Misbah, but this code is useful (I think) only for
..NET Framework 1.X, not for 2.0 version, because there is not the namespace:

using Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime;

in Visual Studio 2005.
How can I solve this problem?

Luigi

Misbah Arefin

no it is not 1.x specific you just need to add a reference for this DLL in
your project
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\9.0\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS.dll