executionTimeout on a per request basis

muriwai

Hi,

I have a page that handles file downloads, and sometimes it fails with
"Request timed out", apparently because it takes more than the default 90
seconds to stream out the file. I don't want setting executionTimeout in the
config file. Is there a way to set the execution timeout for individual
requests?

Thanks

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi,

You can use Server.ScriptTimeout to change the request's executing timeout
value:

protected void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Page.Server.ScriptTimeout = 120; // seconds
Thread.Sleep(100 * 1000);
}

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support