Question on executionTimeout attribute

Guest

Hello,

We have had some issues with users timing out when uploading large images to
our site. It is my understanding that the web.config file can be edited to
extend the executionTimeout attribute to be longer than the default 90
seconds.

In order to extend the timeout from 90 seconds to 3.5 minutes, we have
edited the httpRuntime element to add the executionTimout attribute as so:

executionTimeout="210"

I would appreciate anybody weighing in with stories of negative consequences
that could arise as a result of this change. Thanks very much for any

Guest

I have an additional question on this - Can anybody explain why it has been
taking much longer than 90 seconds for the generic ASP.NET timeout error
(we're not using a custom error for this as of yet) to be displayed to users
who have crossed that 90 second threshold and timed out? It can take close
to 10 minutes for the error to appear in a user's browser. Thanks in advance
for any explanation on this.