Exporting to PDF format in ASP.NET

Subrahmanyam via DotNetMonster.com

Hi,

I have a report generated in ASP.NET using XML and XLS with a bitmap image
showing a graph.

I want to export the generated report including the bitmap to PDF format.

How can i achieve this.

Note: Without using CrystalReports or Third party components.

Thanks for some suggestions.

Subrahmanyam.

Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET]

Without using Crystal or ThirdParty components? Well not easily. You can try
using SQLReportingServices (I think this can do it) but its another
component. You can try using the Adobe SDK and associated libraries through
..Net (very time consuming and more difficult) or you could try generating
the binary format yourself in code (absolute waste of time and possible
infringement of copyright, not to mention extremely difficult, but does not
use 3rd party component).

There are plenty of components out there that can do it, some free. Its
where I'd be looking to.

Have a look at TallPDF
(http://www.tallcomponents.com/default.aspx?section=products) as one example
but there are quite a few. Google will tell you the rest.