    When I click on Buil or Rebuild Solution, I get this error without much more
    informations. If, I try to rebuild it, when I'm lucky, the error disapear and
    I can run the website.

    Ghistos, Mar 14, 2008

  2. Ghistos

    James Clarke Guest

    Reply to: "External component has thrown an exception"when building solution

    I had the same problem but for building a website in the solution. I narrowed it down by building each page one by one and found that I had some reference problems to some user controls and namespace issues which weren't being picked up on build. Try this and see what you find.

    Cheers,

    James Clarke

    James Clarke, May 6, 2008