System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ryan, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    Hello

    I AM POSTING THIS WITH THE INTENT TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE WHO MAY HAVE
    THIS PROBLEM.... I DONT NEED HELP ;)

    I was getting the following error in one of my applications which was
    installed on another computer. At first I could not find the reason
    this error was happening; however, after some testing I realized this
    is the error that will show up when debugging isn't on and there in an
    error on the aspx part of the page.

    So anyways... I advise to look at your aspx page first.

    Ryan

    ----------------

    System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception.
    ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: External component has thrown an
    exception.
    at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompilerErrors(CompilerResults
    results, CodeDomProvider codeProvider, CodeCompileUnit sourceData,
    String sourceFile, String sourceString)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType()
    at System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType()
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    fCreateIfNotFound)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, String url, String path)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
    useAppConfig)
    at System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously)

    Ryan, Oct 13, 2004