Extremely Slow Performance

Rabbit

Dear All,

I am development my web application on my PC, while its testing under the
local area network environment (http://192.168.0.2/webapp/default.aspx), the
speed and response are all very fast.

The slow performance issue happens while i access it via WAN method
(http://rabbit.dyndns.org/webapp/default.aspx), does anyone got any idea why
will this happen?

I did ask my friend to access my web application over the internet, and the
speed testing results are all very fast, so I wonder why this scenario only
happening when I use same PC to access my web application thru WAN?

Thanks in advance
Rabbit

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

you need to figure out what the connection speed is from that point before
doing anything else. See if you can isolate the problem to eliminate or
blame the network as the source of the issue.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

Guest

shot in the dark..
do you have two databases one for testing and one for production. could your
production site be trying to access the wrong db?

like i said a shot ing the dark, but it happened to me once.

Rabbit

Thanks for your advice.

Problem fixed, it was due to my router, if i bypass it to connect my PC to
the broadband modem directly, the speed turns out as normal as I expected.

It is strange to me that the router(Netgear Wireless Router 802.11b - model
MR814) can perform all functions except the speed, probably its old enough
to replace another one ^.^