Extremely weird problem

Marshall Dudley

If you look at
http://www.cataris.com/cgi-bin/cart...t&cart_id=8421764.39759&checkout_button.x=yes

you will see that there are 50 products listed (if you can get it to
display). I have one customer that cannot get that page to display,
although I can with IE, NS 4.72 and NS 7.1. IE says that the page cannot
be loaded, and NS simply displays a blank screen. If you look at the
source code for NS, it is about 5 lines long, and does not look anything
like the code that is actually being sent. I would post what is being
shown here, but I was told not to post any html code to this group. he
says he has tested it both with dial up and Comcast connections.

Anyway, if I reduce the number products in the table from 50 to about 40
or so, both browsers work fine for him. But when I check the code
between the two, they are identical except for the 10 lines removed,
which are absolutely identical to the 10 lines above those lines.

Now things really get interesting. If I capture the code of that page
that does not display for the customer from my computer which does
display it, and email it to the customer and they write it to the local
drive, it will display from the drive. Also when I post the code on
another url as static html code, they can view it as well, but the
source code is exactly the same code.

Anyway, I am usually pretty good at troubleshooting, but this one has me
stumped.

Anyone have any ideas?

Marshall

Uncle Pirate

Marshall said:
[...]

Does the customer have DSL or cable? Using a router? Reset the router
to clear cached addresses. These addresses will sometimes build up and
create some kind of block to certain pages. Sounded wierd when I first
heard it too, but resetting a client's router restored the ability to
view several pages that could not be viewed prior to the reset. In
particular, this was a Linksys router with wireless.

--
Stan McCann "Uncle Pirate"
Cooordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM AMA#758681

Arondelle

Uncle said:
Does the customer have DSL or cable? Using a router? Reset the router
to clear cached addresses. These addresses will sometimes build up and
create some kind of block to certain pages. Sounded wierd when I first
heard it too, but resetting a client's router restored the ability to
view several pages that could not be viewed prior to the reset. In
particular, this was a Linksys router with wireless.

Hmmm. My Belkin router has to be flushed every so often, as well,
otherwise it brings my connection to everything to a complete halt.
Like a virtual lint trap. What's it doing caching addresses?

You're right: it's weird.

Arondelle