    more info?

    Thanks
    Jon

    Jon, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Jon

    DC Guest

    what you can do is build intelligence into your client-side proxies, so that
    they walk through a list of web service URLs (maybe read in from app.config)
    and use the first one that works. They retry after a backoff interval,
    etc.

    most people just run wsdl.exe and generate a client-side proxy and they're
    done. There's nothing wrong with modifying the generated code to do
    something more intelligent. That's what I'm suggesting here.

    I don't know of anything automated for this, but it shouldn't be too hard to
    write it.

    -D

    DC, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Thanks mate. I think thats the way I will go.

    Jon

    Jon, Dec 2, 2005