Problem with Web service behind firewall

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Francis Tsui, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Francis Tsui

    Francis Tsui Guest

    Hi,

    We are trying to deploy a C# based web service on a server behind a firewall
    that does port address translation. The problem is that the auto WSDL
    generation is somehow picking up the URL of the service as seen behind the
    firewall ie. without the PAT. e.g. the service is deployed on
    http://server1:8081 the firewall maps that URL to http://server1 (80). When
    you ask for the wsdl using http://server1/service.asmx?wsdl all the
    references to included schemas (we are using DataSets) have their location
    set to http://server1:8081/service.asmx?schema=...

    Does anyone know if this is a supported configuration using .NET and if so
    how do you get the WSDL generation to use the external URL instead of the
    internal one?

    Thanks,

    Francis
    Francis Tsui, Aug 20, 2003