How to Access Web Service from behind firewall

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Shaun Miller, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Shaun Miller

    Shaun Miller Guest

    Anyone know how to configure access to a web service from
    behind a firewall ? The .Net documentation states the
    following:

    The .NET Framework does not auto-detect proxy servers. If
    you are developing a Web application on a machine that is
    behind a firewall, and your application will consume Web
    services found outside of the firewall, you must include
    the address and port of your network's proxy server in
    the URL. Ask your network administrator to furnish this
    part of the URL path.

    I am able to use the WSDL.exe command line tool to
    download the WSDl file, however, I can't seem to get it
    to work through the IDE.

    Comments appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Shaun Miller, Sep 2, 2003