Deploy web service behind an ISA firewall

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by luowh, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. luowh

    luowh Guest

    I am having problems deploying web service on our production server behind
    an ISA firewall.

    I am able to access the web service within our intranet environment, but
    unable to access from outside the firewall. After some checking, I notice
    the following section in the generated WSDL file: (using
    http://mo.mycompany.com/secomws/case.asmx?WSDL)

    <service name="Service1">
    <port name>="Service1Soap" binding="s0:Service1Soap">
    <soap:address location=http://mo.mycompany.com:10000/secomws/case.asmx />
    </port>
    </service>

    the location URL consists of the port number for the web site attached which
    will failed when accessing from outside the firewall.

    I would appreciate if anyone could advise me what sort of settings are
    needed
    on ISA, IIS or my web service program in order for the WSDL to be generated
    with correct URL address location. or how to overwrite the generated WSDL
    file?

    Thanks in advance.
    luowh, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Did you ever solve this problem? I am having a similar problem

    Regards

    Kris Spurling, Aug 19, 2003