farming automation [parallel testing on multipe remote machines atthe same time]

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Cristina, Jul 15, 2010.

  1. Cristina

    Cristina Guest

    Hi,

    can we use parallel testing using few[a farm of] remote machines,
    without using remote desktop?

    For instance the following scenario:

    1. suppose that I have test1 automation suite and from my local
    machine I would like to run the scripts on another machine with the
    ip: xxx.xx.x.xx
    2. I have another huge test2 automation suite and I would like to
    start running it on another machine

    The same scenario using virtual machines.

    Can that be possible? If yes, how? Do you have any example?

    Thanks,
    Cristina

    Cristina, Jul 15, 2010

  2. Cristina

    Ryan Davis Guest

    Re: farming automation [parallel testing on multipe remote machines at the same time]

    On Jul 15, 2010, at 07:55 , Cristina wrote:

    > can we use parallel testing using few[a farm of] remote machines,
    > without using remote desktop?
    >=20
    > For instance the following scenario:
    >=20
    > 1. suppose that I have test1 automation suite and from my local
    > machine I would like to run the scripts on another machine with the
    > ip: xxx.xx.x.xx
    > 2. I have another huge test2 automation suite and I would like to
    > start running it on another machine
    >=20
    > The same scenario using virtual machines.

    Is there a difference between the scenarios?

    Any reason why you shouldn't focus on the problem: profiling and fixing =
    slow impl and/or tests?

    Ryan Davis, Jul 16, 2010

  3. Nate St.Germain, Jul 16, 2010