fastcgi + lighttpd ?

oxman

Hello,

How I can use fastcgi with lighttpd for ruby script ?
I have try many configure, and I have always this error :
2005-05-09 23:31:54: (fcgi.c.770) child exited (is this a FastCGI binary
?): 1

So ? How I can configure ?

Thanks,

oxman

Aredridel

Hello,

How I can use fastcgi with lighttpd for ruby script ?
I have try many configure, and I have always this error :
2005-05-09 23:31:54: (fcgi.c.770) child exited (is this a FastCGI binary
?): 1

So ? How I can configure ?
What sort of script is it? Is it using FastCGI protocol?

oxman

Aredridel said:
What sort of script is it? Is it using FastCGI protocol?
Hum ?
I want FastCGI work like PHP.

For example :

- test.fcgi -

Dominik Schlütter

Hi,

oxman said:
I want FastCGI work like PHP.

For example :

- test.fcgi -

Well, that looks like 'mod_ruby' or ERB - and that's not something
special to fcgi. With fcgi you can speed up your web application, as
that takes care of handling your connections withoud the need to start a
new ruby instance with every request. So it's usually a replacement for
the built-in CGI class.

Regards,

Dominik.