FATAL_ERROR:Xst:xstedge.c:128:1.4 ???

Mich

Hi
I 'm programming something and with this code I don't get any error

tel := tel +1;
if (tel = 4) then
tel := 0;
rico := rico + 20;

if (rico = 100) then
rico := 0;
som := 0;
end if;

end if;

som := som + rico;

klx := 170;
grx := 190;

if (x_pos > klx and x_pos < grx) then
if (y_pos > 240 and y_pos < 260) then
sec_tek <= '1';
else
sec_tek <= '0';
end if;
else
sec_tek <= '0';
end if;

but when I change

klx := 170;
grx := 190;

klx := 170 + som;
grx := 190 + som;

I get this error message

FATAL_ERROR:Xst:xstedge.c:128:1.4 - Signal tekensec_main_som<0> has no
source after simplification. This may be due to a non load
combinatorial loop. Process will terminate. To resolve this error,
please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at
http://support.xilinx.com. If you need further assistance, please open
a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at
http://support.xilinx.com

Can somebody help me?

Mich

Neo

cant be sure without the whole process block but try using "rico"
instead of "som" as its anyhow optimized.

Andy Peters

Mich said:
[...]

Looks like you're a software guy trying to implement hardware ...
you've written a huge combinatorial loop.

-a

Mich

I know
but the strange thing it
it seams that klx and grx does not change
how is this ^possible?

Mich

Mich

I know
but the strange thing it
it seams that klx and grx does not change
how is this ^possible?

tomorrow I 'm back at school and post all the code

Mich