    May be someone has suggestions ?

    Thx,

    Arjen
    Arjen, Sep 25, 2003

  2. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:34:37 +0200, Arjen <> wrote:
    > I want to use a favicon.ico in a perl-script. So when the perl-script
    > is called the icon appears in the address bar of the browser.
    > When I put <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    > within the outputted html, it doesn't work.
    >
    > May be someone has suggestions ?

    Stop using "lynx" as your browser?
    John J. Trammell, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Arjen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to use a favicon.ico in a perl-script. So when the perl-script is
    > called the icon appears in the address bar of the browser.
    > When I put <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"> within
    > the outputted html, it doesn't work.
    >
    > May be someone has suggestions ?
    >
    > Thx,
    >
    > Arjen

    If you're using IE you've got to remember that IE only uses favicons if
    you actually make the page a favourite (ie it appears somewhere in the
    Favorites menu). It'll be ignored otherwise.

    Note this is for given versions of IE. I reserve the right not to go
    figure out which versions :)

    MB
    Matthew Braid, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Arjen

    Arjen Guest

    > If you're using IE you've got to remember that IE only uses favicons if
    > you actually make the page a favourite (ie it appears somewhere in the
    > Favorites menu). It'll be ignored otherwise.
    >
    > Note this is for given versions of IE. I reserve the right not to go
    > figure out which versions :)

    Thank you for your comments. I tried it with other browsers also and IE is
    the only browser where it doesn't work :-( I thouht that especially with IE
    it should work...

    But now I know it !

    Thankls again,

    Arjen
    Arjen, Sep 26, 2003
  5. OT: IE, the browser (was Re: favicon.ico and perl)

    In article <>,
    "Ian.H" <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:19:58 +0200, Arjen wrote:
    >
    > > I thouht that especially with
    > > IE it should work...

    > IE is _the_ worst browser for anything rational.. it's a horrible piece of
    > software to work with, as it tends to render what it assumes should be
    > right (which very often isn't) rather than how you actually coded things.

    unfortunately, it _is_ the major installed browser. plus, it has [at
    least one of] the best DOM implementations, which does matter when
    you're doing moderately trick DHTML/CSS.
    --
    Michael Budash
    Michael Budash, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Re: OT: IE, the browser (was Re: favicon.ico and perl)

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Michael Budash wrote:

    > plus, it has [at least one of] the best DOM implementations, which
    > does matter when you're doing moderately trick DHTML/CSS.

    If it hurts when you try to do that, maybe the answer would be to stop
    doing it. SCNR.
    Alan J. Flavell, Sep 26, 2003