favicon.ico and perl

Arjen

Hi,

I want to use a favicon.ico in a perl-script. So when the perl-script is
called the icon appears in the address bar of the browser.
When I put <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"> within
the outputted html, it doesn't work.

May be someone has suggestions ?

Thx,

Arjen

John J. Trammell

I want to use a favicon.ico in a perl-script. So when the perl-script
is called the icon appears in the address bar of the browser.
When I put <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
within the outputted html, it doesn't work.

May be someone has suggestions ?

Stop using "lynx" as your browser?

Matthew Braid

Arjen said:
Hi,

I want to use a favicon.ico in a perl-script. So when the perl-script is
called the icon appears in the address bar of the browser.
When I put <link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"> within
the outputted html, it doesn't work.

May be someone has suggestions ?

Thx,

Arjen

If you're using IE you've got to remember that IE only uses favicons if
you actually make the page a favourite (ie it appears somewhere in the
Favorites menu). It'll be ignored otherwise.

Note this is for given versions of IE. I reserve the right not to go
figure out which versions :)

MB

Arjen

If you're using IE you've got to remember that IE only uses favicons if
you actually make the page a favourite (ie it appears somewhere in the
Favorites menu). It'll be ignored otherwise.

Note this is for given versions of IE. I reserve the right not to go
figure out which versions :)

Thank you for your comments. I tried it with other browsers also and IE is
the only browser where it doesn't work :-( I thouht that especially with IE
it should work...

But now I know it !

Thankls again,

Arjen

Michael Budash

Ian.H said:
IE is _the_ worst browser for anything rational.. it's a horrible piece of
software to work with, as it tends to render what it assumes should be
right (which very often isn't) rather than how you actually coded things.

unfortunately, it _is_ the major installed browser. plus, it has [at
least one of] the best DOM implementations, which does matter when
you're doing moderately trick DHTML/CSS.

Alan J. Flavell

plus, it has [at least one of] the best DOM implementations, which
does matter when you're doing moderately trick DHTML/CSS.

If it hurts when you try to do that, maybe the answer would be to stop
doing it. SCNR.