Feedback on training

MattB

Hey, I think I've convinced my employer to send me to a asp.net course. I'm
in rural Western Colorado and it looks like all the classroom training is
over on the front range (Denver, Broomfield, Co Spring, etc).

So far my searching has been limited to Google and I've found some good
looking courses that I think will be good for me. I'm curious if any of you
have attended this course or used these training centers. What I'm looking
at right now is this:

ASP.Net Programming from SST in Denver.
http://www.software-skills-training...ng-Hands-On-Training-Course-Class-Seminar.htm
The curriculum looks good for my needs, but I know nothing of this company.
My objective is more practical experience I can use right away and not so
much just to pass an exam. Anyone ever used these guys? Any other
suggestions? I need to take this in the next few weeks.

Other area trainers I've come across are: ATT Tech, New Horizons, Tech
Skills, and mTrain.
I'm trying to gather more info on all of these places but thought I'd ask
you people. Any insight appreciated!

TIA!

Scott M.

I own & operate a training company in the Hartford, CT area
(TechTrainSolutions.com). Here are my thoughts:

If you don't know a .NET programming language and haven't yet begun working
with .NET, then this is not the class for you. Learning what the .NET
Framework is, the structure and syntax of a .NET language, how to
effeciently write OOP code as well as learning the ASP.NET architecture all
in 5 days is not realistic.

Look for a course that teaches what the .NET Framework is and one of its
programming languages (usually a 4 or 5 day VB.NET or C# course) and then
take a course that specifically deals with the ASP.NET architecture (usually
another 4 or 5 day course).

There are lots of training vendors out there, the key is to make sure you
will be in a class that is taught by an instructor that has real-world
experience and can give you the "why" as well as the "how".

Good luck!

MattB

Andy said:
Check these out:-

http://www.developmentor.com/

Andy Mortimer [MS]
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only

Thanks for the tip. Have you attended their training? I'd prefer something
in a drivable radius, like Denver.
Anyone else got any good asp.net training suggestions in Colorado or Eastern
Utah (seems unlikely)?

Matt

Andy Mortimer [MS]

Yes I have, and I'm going on another one next month. They are very very
good.