few questions about frameset

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mr. x, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello.

    How can I refresh an inner frame in a frameset (only the inner frame),
    or change the frame src, without refreshing the whole page ?

    can I send information to the owner page of the current frame.

    In other words :

    Suppose I have something like this :

    In main.html :
    -----
    <frameset>
    <frame src = "table1.html" />
    <frame src = "table2.html" />
    </frameset>

    I am in the table1.html source - can I write there some code (both for IE &
    Netscape),
    that the page will be refresh, like main.html contents of the following line
    :
    <frame src = "table2.html" />
    will be
    <frame src = "table3.html" />
    (all this from the code of table1.html).

    Also : can I write some code in main.html,
    that do the same
    (line <frame src = "table2.html" /> will act as <frame src = "table3.html"
    />).

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Mr. x

    Ben Dover Guest

    WAG.
    how about javascript window.framename.location = "table3.html"

    &

    Ben Dover, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    Louis Somers Guest

    "Mr. x" <> wrote in news:3fca4c33$1@news.012.net.il:

    > Hello.
    >
    > How can I refresh an inner frame in a frameset (only the inner frame),
    > or change the frame src, without refreshing the whole page ?

    Give your frames a unique name and set your links target to that name. In
    your example that would be done like this:

    <frameset>
    <frame src = "table1.html" name="table1" />
    <frame src = "table2.html" name="table2" />
    </frameset>

    > Also : can I write some code in main.html,
    > that do the same
    > (line <frame src = "table2.html" /> will act as <frame src =
    > "table3.html" />).

    You can have the link to do this an any frame, as follows:

    Note that the frame name will stay "table2" and if you misspell it or try
    to link to target="table3" later on, the browser will open a new window
    because it does not have a frame or window called "table3". It might be
    better to give the frames names like "navigation" and "content".

    --
    News Updater, No scripts, No Database
    http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater
    Louis Somers, Dec 1, 2003