    Thanks,

    Aine

    , Oct 2, 2007

    On Oct 2, 7:56 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to open a file seach dialog from within my python script which
    > I run from within PythonWin. I also have the wxPython package
    > installed.
    >
    > How might I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Aine

    Aine,

    I recommend downloading the wxPython Demo as it shows how to do most
    common tasks and a lot of other cool things as well. It includes code
    for common dialogs, such as the FileDialog, which is what I think you
    want. The man page for this widget is below:

    http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.FileDialog-class.html

    You can find the Demo here: http://www.wxpython.org/download.php

    Mike

    , Oct 2, 2007

    On Oct 2, 7:56 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to open a file seach dialog from within my python script which
    > I run from within PythonWin. I also have the wxPython package
    > installed.
    >
    > How might I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Aine

    Oh yeah. You might find this helpful too:

    http://wiki.wxpython.org/Getting_Started

    Mike

    , Oct 2, 2007