    download files from the web server?

    --
    ComputerWeenie
    ComputerWeenie, Dec 6, 2007

  2. ComputerWeenie wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, but I
    > cannot find a more relevant forum.
    >
    > I am using Visual Web Developer and using the FileUpload Control to
    > upload files to the web server just fine.
    > But, why is there not a FileDownload Control? How can I allow users to
    > download files from the web server?

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 6, 2007

  3. ComputerWeenie

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    You would link to the file you want to you want to download.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Dec 7, 2007
  4. ComputerWeenie

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Lehmann wrote on 07 dec 2007 in

    > You would link to the file you want to you want to download.

    Recursive whishlist programming in ASP?

    ;-)

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Dec 7, 2007
  5. Thank you Bob.
    I will check the references you gave me.

    --
    ComputerWeenie

    ComputerWeenie, Dec 7, 2007