FileIndex MSIDXS error returning record

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tim, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I'm trying to work with the Index Server in ASP.Net and am having
    issues with returning FileIndex.

    My select statement looks like this: SELECT FileIndex, DocTitle,
    vpath, filename, size, write, characterization, rank

    I'm getting an error of System.InvalidCastException: The data value
    could not be converted for reasons other than sign mismatch or data
    overflow. For example, the data was corrupted in the data store but
    the row was still retrievable.

    However, if I remove FileIndex, it works perfectly. I need to have
    FileIndex based on our application requirements.

    How can I get around this?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    -Tim

    Tim, Jul 18, 2003