FileIndex MSIDXS error returning record

Tim

I'm trying to work with the Index Server in ASP.Net and am having
issues with returning FileIndex.

My select statement looks like this: SELECT FileIndex, DocTitle,
vpath, filename, size, write, characterization, rank

I'm getting an error of System.InvalidCastException: The data value
could not be converted for reasons other than sign mismatch or data
overflow. For example, the data was corrupted in the data store but
the row was still retrievable.

However, if I remove FileIndex, it works perfectly. I need to have
FileIndex based on our application requirements.

How can I get around this?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Tim