filesystem security

Andrew

Hi Experts,

I want to move/copy/create/delete a file to/from the network folder,
\\mypc\myshare\ through filesystemobject, and this shared folder has its own
security setting. How can I specify the valid user info in order to make
change to this network folder? Or is there any other better way to serve
this purpose? Thanks for any idea.

ou812

You'll have to use username/password via Basic Authentication. Anon
won't work. The settings are in the IIS console. IIS runs with an
account (sometimes the anon account), but UNC means it will have to
have credentials to get to the share.

ou812

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 02:02:34 GMT, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

Actually I think anon would work if you set the password yourself and
then set permissions for the share to that anon account with the
proper password... something like that...