FileSystemObject problems

Stimp

This is a query to do with classic ASP (written through vbscript). I
apologise in advance to posting to an ASP.NET forum, but my newsserver
doesn't have any others listed... plus it's a permissions question which
may have some relevance to asp.net users.

I am trying to run an asp page on my local Windows 2000 machine which
creates a folder in the root directory of my site, but when I run the
page it
simply hangs when it gets to the FileSystemObject folder creation part
(when I remove this line of code, the rest of the page works fine)

The code is fine because it is working on the live server, so the
problem is with the PERMISSIONS on my local Windows 2000 server.

I am trying to run an asp page on my local Windows 2000 machine which
creates a folder in the root directory of my site, but when I run the
page it
simply hangs when it gets to the FileSystemObject folder creation part
(when I remove this line of code, the rest of the page works fine)

The code is fine because it is working on the live server, so the
problem is with the PERMISSIONS on my local Windows 2000 server.

I've set ALL folders from wwwroot upwards with FULL rwx access for ALL
users.. plus I've added the IUSR_(machinename) to this list with full
access. I've did this through Explorer.

I've run out of ideas on where else to set permissions... anyone got any
ideas??

Thanks!
Peter

Guest

Make sure that IUSR is the account you are running under. As a test change
the anonymous user to an admin account.
Are you sure it's the creat that's failing and not the call to the
filesystemobject object (dll)?

Stimp

Make sure that IUSR is the account you are running under. As a test change
the anonymous user to an admin account.
Are you sure it's the creat that's failing and not the call to the
filesystemobject object (dll)?

it could possibly be the call to the dll alright... do I need to setup
something before this dll can be used?