fill in a form value in an iframe

guoqi zheng

Dear sir,

I have page with an iframe in it. That iframe page contains a form from
remote site to fill in.

What I like to do is that when user clicks a button on my page, that form on
the iframe page will be filled in with some data related to this user.

I guess this has to be done by client side? Does any one knows how can I do
this? use of active x might be acceptable in this situation.

regards,

Guoqi Zheng
http://www.ureader.com

garethdjames

Your frame would not be able to fill in the form in the iframe using
client side script because of security issues,

You are not allowed to interact with a page from another domain,

You can get around this with an activex or an applet, but both of these
would need to be signed with a trust certificate and the user would
have to accept the download