Filters reset to defaults in asp files (javascript)

tyv

Hi,

I have a bug on my website that I'm trying to fix. I have filters
(drop down menus and click-calendar date range) that narrow down
searches on my website by pulling out the information from the
database. Problem is as follows:

1) I select my filters, the database choices are narrowed.
2) I get multiple pages (a filtered list from the database).
3) I click to go to the second page.
4) The filters reset to their defaults and I end up with the entire
database again. I cannot view the second page (or any other page) of
the filtered list. Only the first page.

I am working on ASP files, Javascript and some html. Any suggestions
on how I can fix this?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

TV

Doug Gunnoe

Hi,

I have a bug on my website that I'm trying to fix.  I have filters
(drop down menus and click-calendar date range) that narrow down
searches on my website by pulling out the information from the
database.  Problem is as follows:

1)  I select my filters, the database choices are narrowed.
2)  I get multiple pages (a filtered list from the database).
3)  I click to go to the second page.
4)  The filters reset to their defaults and I end up with the entire
database again.  I cannot view the second page (or any other page) of
the filtered list.  Only the first page.

I am working on ASP files, Javascript and some html.  Any suggestions
on how I can fix this?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

TV

This is going to be a DB and ASP problem. The link for the second page
should actually cause the DB to be queried again, except it will have
params in the URL that the ASP code on the 2nd page will use to
construct a different SQL query.

Doug Gunnoe

This is going to be a DB and ASP problem. The link for the second page
should actually cause the DB to be queried again, except it will have
params in the URL that the ASP code on the 2nd page will use to
construct a different SQL query.- Hide quoted text -

And it wouldn't actually be a '2nd' page exactly. Most likely the same
"page", but you know...

At any rate I doubt this would be a javascript problem.

Good Luck.