Finding column names

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Roko, Dec 27, 2004.

  1. Roko

    Roko Guest

    I have a dynamically generated datagrid with several checkboxes: It is a
    huge grid with checkboxes in every column that I had pivoted from a
    two-column table.

    Basically, the 2-column table goes like this: Server1, 80; Server1, 433;
    Server2, 137 and it was generated into a pivot table as such:

    SvrName | 80 | 137 | 433
    -------------------------------
    Server1 | X | | X
    Server2 | | X |

    The goal: as users check/uncheck those checkboxes, it'll update the
    underlying database. I'm trying to capture the column name so I may put it
    as a param for the stored procedure. It is captured through the
    OnCheckChanged property of the checkbox.

    I was able to get the DataGridItem Cells[0] which captures the server name
    when I click on any of the checkboxes, but I'm at a loss on how to capture
    the column name too: either 80, 433, 137. Since this is dynamically
    generated, the column names won't always be fixed.

    Thanks for your assistance!
    -roko
    Roko, Dec 27, 2004