Firefox back button takes me back 2 pages.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Useful Info, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. Useful Info

    Useful Info Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a Firefox problem.

    I have 3 pages:
    page 1 uses an <A> tag to get the user to page 2
    page 2 uses Javascript to set the location.href to get the user to
    page 3
    page 3 is the destination page and the user will press Back from
    there.

    When the user presses the Back button from page 3 in IE, IE goes back
    to page 2, as desired.

    When the user presses the Back button in Firefox however,
    the browser bypasses page 2 entirely and goes to page 1.

    I've tried setting "location.referer" in page 2 so that
    FF would be forced to go there, to no avail. Wrong variable?

    How to ensure that FF goes to page 2?

    Thanks for any help.
    Useful Info, Jun 3, 2007