fixed

Ghostmaster

: On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:26:30 GMT, Ghostmaster declared in alt.html:

:
: Judging from my own computer, and a number of other responses here, very
: few of your visitors will have that font, anyway, so they aren't going
: to get the effect that you want. If you *really* want your visitors to
: see that font, you will need to make it an image. But images of text are
: a poor replacement for real text.
:
: There's nothing stopping you from specifying that as the first font, but
: you shouldn't expect that your visitors will necessarily see it.
:
: --
: Mark Parnell
: http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

I put the font in for those that have it. But I am not going to make a
image of it for each link. That will slow down my pages loading too much.
I have made two banners so far. I plan to make one more. possibly with the
last one being that font.

Bob

I put the font in for those that have it. But I am not going to make a
image of it for each link. That will slow down my pages loading too much.
I have made two banners so far. I plan to make one more. possibly with the
last one being that font.

If you use a good drawing program and take a couple of steps to
reduce the file size, you can get those graphics down to about
500-600 bytes each. Total for the whole page will be <6K.
But, text will be faster.

If you want details on how to produce small graphic files, email me.
Remove the "No spam".

Ghostmaster

Bob said:
*On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:18:33 GMT, "Ghostmaster
<[email protected]>
wrote:

It's OK, but drab. You might want to consider a different fon
family
for the headings and left column links. If you do the main headin
in
a drawing program (a graphic) you can anti-alias the text and mak
the
large font look a lot better appearance wise. *

I have changed quite a bit. Some changes wont be seen in certai
browsers, but it shouldn't effect the whole page. I hope it does loo
better though. Don't worry I wont hold my breath. just let me kno
what you think, or if something isn't right. I had checked the pag
using different browsers. I am not having a problem with any so far.
I tested Opera, IE, and Mozilla Firebird

Ghostmaster

GhostMaster

Ghostmaster said:
*I have changed quite a bit. Some changes wont be seen in certai
browsers, but it shouldn't effect the whole page. I hope it doe
look better though. Don't worry I wont hold my breath. just let m
know what you think, or if something isn't right. I had checked th
page using different browsers. I am not having a problem with any s
far. I tested Opera, IE, and Mozilla Firebird. *

Sorry! http://learningpc4beginners.co

GhostMaster