Flash interface for a python program

icarus

Is it possible to call an external python program, through a Flash
interface?

Meaning, I create a Flash window with a button. When I press that
button, it automagically invokes the external python program. Is that
possible? Any books/online tutorials you can recommend
me?

I guess I'm looking for alternatives in the area of GUI development.

Kay Schluehr

Is it possible to call an external python program, through a Flash
interface?

Meaning, I create a Flash window with a button. When I press that
button, it automagically invokes the external python program. Is that
possible? Any books/online tutorials you can recommend
me?

I guess I'm looking for alternatives in the area of GUI development.

You might look at PyAMF for data-bindings.

http://pyamf.org/

An alternative is mentioned in the Flex/Python articles by Bruce
Eckel.