Flash Movie (.swf) does not work on localhost

Guest

I have a simple flash file that plays within a webform of an asp.net app.
When running from the server the flash file works fine. But when I run it
from my localhost the flash file simply doesn't play. I have Flash installed
on my localhost, and I'm not sure why its not working.

Is there a setting somewhere in IIS or the computer's Extensions of my
localhost which may be preventing it from playing?

Before posting my code which creates/manages the flash file, I want to check
whether or not this is IIS related.

Thanks.

Jeff

Does the flash file require any supporting files? If so, you might want to
verify that the supporting files are in the expected paths relative to the
*page* on which the .swf appears (and not relative to the .swf, itself). I
recently had a similar issue and discovered that the .swf depended on an
external .xml file. Once I reworked the .swf to use root-relative paths,
then the .swf worked as expected between development and production servers.
If this is not relative to your situation then I don't have anything else.

-HTH

-Jeff

Guest

Thanks for your help. It turns out that there was a supporting file, and
that it's location on the server was different than it's location on my
localhost.

prabhupr

Hi Mike

Could you please provide what that file name was and how exactly you
fixed it, so that if somebody encounters the same problem in future
they need not ask the same question again :) (My 2 Cents)

Thanks
PP