floating ^point data

dilou

Hi David Bishop,
Can I use the FLOATING POINT OPERATOR V2.0 WITH THE XILINX ISE V8.1i
for working with the real format of data in my project????,
Thanks

David Bishop

dilou said:
Hi David Bishop,
Can I use the FLOATING POINT OPERATOR V2.0 WITH THE XILINX ISE V8.1i
for working with the real format of data in my project????,
Thanks

Yes, as long as all of the "real"s are constants.
You will also have to comment out the divide routine in float_pkg_c.vhd,
XST just doesn't like it.

dilou

About this point, i have inputs and outputs of hopfield network and
data in the look up table....then if i understand these data are
"constants"?????
Excuse me for all,

David Bishop

dilou said:
About this point, i have inputs and outputs of hopfield network and
data in the look up table....then if i understand these data are
"constants"?????

"real" is not synthesizable, but "float" is.

Just convert all of your inputs to "float" and use them in that format.

signal zzz : float32;
zzz <= to_float (6.5);
yyy <= to_float (22);
www <= zzz * yyy;