Guest

(sorry, having trouble getting my Universal MSDN subscription newsgroup email address hooked up so MSFT responds so I am reposting hoping it is now setup right)

Here is our scenario:

..asmx web service on server 1 (Windows 2003)

on server 2 (Windows 2000), we run ACT with 100 concurrent users calling an ASP that uses a COM+ VB6 DLL SOAPing to .asmx file. We read 100 concurrent requests in ASP.NET Requests Current on server 1.

on server 2, we run a .NET Console app that SOAPs to the .asmx file. We have it looping continuously making the same call. We open about twelve instances of the console. We read a varying number of concurrent requests but we see values in the 20's.

on server 2, we run a .aspx web form that SOAPs to the .asmx file. We run ACT with 100 concurrent users. We consistently see only 4-5 concurrent requests on server 1.

Is there some configuration of web or machine.config we are missing?

Thanks!

bruce barker

yes, the really obscure ConnectionLimit property on your ServicePort. it
defaults to 2 concurrent connections to the same server (following proper
netettique). try adding:

Uri siteUri = new Uri( url);
ServicePointManager.FindServicePoint(siteUri).ConnectionLimit = 20;

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)