    on server 2, we run a .aspx web form that SOAPs to the .asmx file. We run ACT with 100 concurrent users. We consistently see only 4-5 concurrent requests on server 1.

    Is there some configuration of web or machine.config we are missing?

    Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1AbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=, Aug 4, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Zm1AbmV3c2dyb3Vwcy5ub3NwYW0=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    yes, the really obscure ConnectionLimit property on your ServicePort. it
    defaults to 2 concurrent connections to the same server (following proper
    netettique). try adding:

    Uri siteUri = new Uri( url);
    ServicePointManager.FindServicePoint(siteUri).ConnectionLimit = 20;

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    <> wrote in message
    > (sorry, having trouble getting my Universal MSDN subscription newsgroup

    email address hooked up so MSFT responds so I am reposting hoping it is now
    setup right)

    > Here is our scenario:
    >
    > .asmx web service on server 1 (Windows 2003)
    >
    > on server 2 (Windows 2000), we run ACT with 100 concurrent users calling

    an ASP that uses a COM+ VB6 DLL SOAPing to .asmx file. We read 100
    concurrent requests in ASP.NET Requests Current on server 1.

    > on server 2, we run a .NET Console app that SOAPs to the .asmx file. We

    have it looping continuously making the same call. We open about twelve
    instances of the console. We read a varying number of concurrent requests
    but we see values in the 20's.

    bruce barker, Aug 4, 2004